Thursday, November 24, 2011

Peter Hammill - "Refugees" - admirable alive abandoned skeleton adaptation (1978)

Peter Hammill - "Refugees" - admirable alive abandoned skeleton adaptation (1978) On YouTube.





We began to notice that we could be free ... Peter Hammill (audio only) plays the Van Der Graaf Generator favourite "Refugees", from the unofficial live and solo album "Skeletons of Songs", accompanied by my own video compilation. Recorded live at the All Souls Unitarian Church in Kansas City (USA) in February 1978, Hammill explains that all songs when first written exist in their 'skeleton' form, and when playing live and solo none of the orchestration and overdubbing added later are included. Live and solo is by far my favourite way of listening to Peter Hammill, and this album is amongst my top ten all-time favourite albums without question. I have uploaded some of my other favourite tracks from this album. I compiled the video montage myself utilising footage mostly downloaded from YouTube, with some of my own added effects and filters. Please check out my other videos. Comments are most welcome.

Keywords: Peter, Hammill, Van, der, Graaf, Generator, Refugees, Skeletons, 1978, kansas, usa, souls, professoricon

Recommend : Generator Buying Guide home portable generators

No comments:

Post a Comment